Bishal Pokhrel is a seasoned developer with extensive experience in Android app and website development. He specializes in Magisk, Magisk Modules, Custom ROMs, Android root, and Android tricks, and regularly shares his insights on these topics. No, you can install TWRP on your Android device without the need for a PC by using the official TWRP app or the Termux app. If anything had gone wrong with the Custom ROM, use the Backup that we’ve created in the Step 4 to restore everything to it’s previous condition and try some other ROM. This will most likely be the pre-selected download stock firmware ones, and don’t select any of the protected partitions. You can install official firmware through FlashFire, something that you’d normally need to do by connecting your phone to a desktop computer. Back in the Actions screen check that your selected actions are listed in the order the app will perform them.
- You won’t be able to back up the boot image and the system image easily otherwise.
- The Stock Boot Image file is a required component of the firmware file that contains a set of codes that must be executed on the device every time you switch it on.
- Go here [HERE], download TWRP backup for your CID to your PC and unzip it (use 7Zip).
- Copyright © Best full guides for upgrade firmware all devices – 2023.
- If you just want to protect your personal data, the easiest way to backup your Android device is to use Google’s built-in backup feature.
Moreover, with this program there is no fear of data loss during the backup or restore process. So, this was the complete guide on how to backup an Android phone completely. It is essential to take the backup of your personal files, contacts, photos, and videos because once you lose it, you can’t be able to recover it. There are many apps and software through which you backup your android, but what I have shown is the most efficient and safest way. All you need to backup Android ROMs is an app called “Flashfire”. It allows a rooted Android user to perform multiple actions like wiping partitions, flashing ROMs and OTAs, and most stuff that only a recovery could do. Another big thing that Flashfire offers is taking Nandroid backup of your complete ROM setup.
- Also, if you like the custom ROM, consider donating the developer behind the work.
- USB debugging is a feature of Android devices that allows developers to debug apps and processes on the device.
- Adb backup system image is a command used to backup your Android device’s system image.
- Before you proceed with the instructions to flash firmware using LiveSuit Tool, it is recommended to follow the below-mentioned preparation steps for smoother flashing process.
The data will be taken, encrypted, and saved in the phone’s memory as this procedure. Using the Backup My Device app is another option for backing up your Android device. It is an app that allows you to backup your data, enter a password for the file, and perform a backup. If you want to back up data from an Android application, you’ll need to connect your Android device to a Linux PC via USB cable. The Android Debug Bridge or “adb” command line utility will be required to interact with your phone once it has been connected. You can install ADB in any Linux distribution by following the steps in the package manager.
He would frequently install custom ROMs, kernels, and recoveries to improve his Android experience beyond what stock could provide. Although not as popular as it once was, he still continues to root his primary devices today using the latest version of Magisk.